This landmark design research initiative compiles 18 months of analysis,providing a current snapshot of the industry and a look forward
New York, NY—Today, AIGA, the professional association for design, released the final installment of its2021 AIGA Design POV Research Initiative。This comprehensive report collects and synthesizes data from both surveys of the design community and secondary research on the industry. The report analyzes market data and industry surveys to identify the biggest trends in the design industry to better understand how the industry can anticipate future change and offer insights into the design field and what it means to be a designer.
“The design industry is dynamic, innovative, and evolving,” saidAIGA Executive Director, Bennie F. Johnson。“AIGA已经从这个工作,我们会学到很多l continue this research and these important conversations to better understand the challenges designers and the industry face. We want designers to be able to maximize the dynamic future that is ahead.”
The 2021 AIGA Design POV report includes ten focus areas:
- TheMarket Resetthat took place following the on-set of the COVID-19 pandemic, the challenges faced by the community, and adaptations made in the transition.
- AFuture Forwardapproach to the newest technological trends in design, including AI/machine learning, augmented and virtual reality, and collaborative design software.
- HowDesign Leadspeople and organizations to be a force for change at all levels of an organization.
- TheValue of Designto strengthen brand equity, create a culture of innovation, and improve financial performance for organizations.
- The practice ofBeing a Designer: cultivating a skillset, a mindset, and an ‘Impactset.’
- The many emergingDesign Pathwaysthat new artistic and creative talent are using to enter the industry and advance the practice of design.
- AMarket Intelligenceanalysis of design businesses, specialties, pay/income, employee benefits, and education.
- The journey ofLifelong Learningthat designers undergo: identifying competency gaps, and analyzing how lifelong learning needs to help designers continue to adapt to industry changes.
- The impact and need for investment in our manyCreative Communities, many of whom are still underrepresented in leadership positions and the industry as a whole.
- How designers have been working toDesign for Positive Impact, both by volunteering their time and prioritizing working for and with others who share values for social justice.
“Over the last year, the design community has continued to step up. As problem solvers, designers have helped to reimagine the ways we work and interact with each other even as the world evolves around us. We are proud to be a part of this research that has offered insights to help designers continue to deliver meaningful solutions,” addedPepsiCo’s Chief Design Officer, Mauro Porcini.
In 2022, AIGA will be expanding the AIGA Design POV research initiative to look at leadership in design, dive deeper into the design and technology relationship, take a closer look at diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility issues in the industry, and study design centers of excellence to expand best practices and support for the community.
If you would like to participate in the 2022 AIGA Design POV research initiative, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org。
The 2021 AIGA Design POV research was made possible thanks to the support of PepsiCo.
Additional information about the report can be foundhere。To request a copy of the report, which is available free to members of the media, please email@example.com。